Buyer Policy - Our House Rules
1. Understanding Hello Local Shop’s Limitations as a Venue
Hello Local Shop provides a venue for buyers to discover and purchase from sellers around the Somerset. It is important to note that Hello Local Shop is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on Hello Local Shop, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from Hello Local Shop, but from one of the many local shops on Hello Local Shop;
- Hello Local Shop does not pre-screen all sellers fully, and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on Hello Local Shop or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or shop policies);
- Each seller on Hello Local Shop has their own processing times, delivery methods, and shop policies; and
- You assume responsibility if you provide your own materials for a custom order.
- As a member of the community, you have the opportunity to flag an item or a shop that violates any of Hello Local Shop’s policies. Flagging is confidential.
2. Communicating with Other Hello Local Shop Members
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Hello Local Shop. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
Any harassment other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly.
3. Purchasing an Item on Hello Local Shop
When you buy from a shop on Hello Local Shop, you’re directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on Hello Local Shop, you agree that you have:
- Read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Provided accurate delivery information to the seller.
- You also agree to comply with our Hello Local Shop Payments Policy when you use Hello Local Shop.
For the safety of our community, and to avoid scams and fraud, all transactions must take place through the Hello Local Shop checkout system, and only transactions that take place through the Hello Local Shop checkout system are eligible for our case system.
By uploading a photograph to one of Hello Local Shop’s websites you warrant that:
- You own the photograph or you have the rights or permission to use the photograph; and
6. Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was dispatched to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Hello Local Shop.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different colour, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not dispatch the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed.
If Hello Local Shop determines that an item is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the order, including original postage and return postage. In the event that Hello Local Shop needs to refund the return postage cost on behalf of the seller, that refund may come in the form of an Hello Local Shop Credit. For more information about Hello Local Shop Credits, please click here.
Some disputes don’t qualify for Hello Local Shop’s case system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by delivery company (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to delivery delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer's expectations.
- Cost of postage disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on Hello Local Shop, including services and intangible goods.
- Transactions where payment is not made via Hello Local Shop’s checkout system.
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order. Note that all cancellations must comply with our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
Returning an Item
Each seller has their own return policies, which should be outlined in their Shop Policies. Not all sellers accept returns. You may be entitled to a 14-day “cooling-off period”, or a “right of withdrawal”, during which you may return an item for any reason.